Re: A86: ping

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ping

At 17:20 1999-03-18 -0800, you wrote:

>I'm writing a routine that checks for the presence of another calculator
>on the other end of the link cable.  Like the equivilent of a
>drastically downsized PING program.  Is there a certain byte you can
>write to the linkport that when a another calc recieves it, the other
>calc will automatically reply?  Something like an acknowledgement signal
>that the TI link protocol uses?

Nope. When working against the linkport, it's really lowlevel... you
can think of the linkcable as two bits which are shared by both calcs.
Any transfer protocol have to be implemented and running on both calcs
to make any data transfer possible.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                  "Applications programming is a race between
mailto:yarin@acc.umu.se         software engineers, who strive to produce