Re: A86: Theory question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Theory question

> > How feasible do you guys think it would be to implement the Ethernet
> > protocol on the calc, enabling IP services on it like Telnet?
>
>There already exists a functional terminal program for the TI-83.

Yeah, but that's only one piece of the puzzle.  I'm talking you take one end
of a cable, plug it into the calc, and the other end goes into an Ethernet
port.  You need IP and Ethernet services (TI-sock?  It has marketing
possibilities ;) for that to work, but simultaneously it'd be GREAT because
you could check email on your calc from any network port, or chat, or
whatever, without needing a terminal server connected to the Internet.
Hell, I guess if you had all that you could even make it dial-up!  I imagine
it would take a good bit of hardware finagling (at the very least some cable
splicing here and there), but beyond that I don't know.  Any takers on this
idea, folks?