Re: A86: Extending Vars

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Extending Vars

On Sun, 09 May 1999 19:47:39 +0100 Nuno Sao Joao
<nmasj@camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt> writes:

>  Well,
>
>  if we create avariable with a size, and then we change the
>  var (or the VAT?) to make the var bigger (or smaller), is
>  it ok? Assuming no other var is created in between.

you'd have to update more than that, there are scads of pointers for the
vat.
probably the best thing to do would be to delete the var and recreate it.
 if it was the last var created it will already be at the end of memory
so nothing will overwrite it when it's deleted.  you'd have to make sure
to clear the temp vars first, though

>  TI-OS always compacts variables in memory, right?
yes

-josh

>  NSJ aka Viriato
>  nmasj@camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]