Re: A86: Assembly Shells...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Assembly Shells...

Chris Magill wrote:

> If it is possible to emulate ti-85 and 82 assembly programs on a ti-86
> and they all use the same processor, would it be plausible to do the
> reverse or is the memory available different.

Yeah, the 86 has loads of free ram that the 82/85 don't, plus it's all
laid out differently.  It would be impossible to write an 86 emulator on
those calcs with a decent percentage of working stuff...  You could
probably do 82 on the 83, and maybe with a lot of work on the 85.

> Also does anyone know where I can find information on writing a shell
> that emulates other ti calculators.  Not that I want to write one at the
> present, I'm just interested in learning how they work...

I could explain it to you...  please email me and not the list if you
want to know.