Re: Re(2): Re(2): A86: random numbers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(2): Re(2): A86: random numbers

Actually, camel notation uses underscore, and hungarian uses caps :)
According to one book I have, Mr. Charles Simonyi (who used to work at
Microsoft) developed hungarian notation, and the "name derives from his
background".  It's use is actually more complicated than just uppercase vs.
underscores.  As you'll see with Microsoft products, the name of the var
prefixes the name.  For example, an integer would be defined as iJoe, a
string as sName.  I personally find this to be extraneous and overly
confusing, along with making code harder to read.  I figure that if the name
doesn't clearly identify it's type and use, then the declaration should be
checked (or commented).  And declaring two vars of different types with the
same name isn't good, either...

But it's all personal preference, the imporant thing is to pick a style you
like and be consistent.

> In a message dated 5/5/99 7:30:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> fuzz@pinecrest.edu writes:
>

> >  ah, i understand. i tend to prefer hungarian when i program, too. just
> >  question: why the names camel and hungarian?
> >
> i know about camel b/c the caps look like humps
> SeeTheHumpsLikeACamel

Follow-Ups: References: