Re: A86: Displaying multiple lines of text...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Displaying multiple lines of text...

this should display one column of text:

        ld hl,strings
        push hl
        ld hl,$0000     ;start top left
        ld de,$0700     ;each line is 7 pixels high
        ld b,5          ;5 strings/lines
loop_a: ld (_penCol),hl
        ex (sp),hl
        call _vputs
        ex (sp),hl
        add hl,de
        djnz loop_a
        pop hl

text would be like this:

strings:
	.db "first line",0
	.db "second line",0
	.db "third",0,"fourth",0
	.db "etc.",0

to do a table, have a couple of sets of strings and display them at
different columns across the screen.

-josh