Re: A86: Re: Displaying multiple lines of text...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Displaying multiple lines of text...

use _copycharmaps to get the bitmap for each char.  the first byte is the
width.
(put the char in a, get the width from (hl))

what'd be really cool is something like a pdf viewer so you could include
diagrams.

-josh

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999 18:11:17 -0600 "David Phillips" <david@acz.org>
writes:

>I had an idea to write a program to view "text files" in the small
>font.
>There'd be a computer converter to convert a normal text file, and
>possibly
>an on-calc converter for basic programs (yes, the ones you type in to
>cheat
>on all your tests, but are too big in that font).  I figured it'd
>support
>stuff like tabs to allow for easy formatting without taking up much
>space.
>Maybe compression with Bloat.
>
>I wasn't sure how to handle word wrap.  It would seem easiest to do it
>in
>the conversion program, so as not bloat/slow down the viewer.  But I
>need a
>table of how wide the small font chars are.  Does anyone have this
>info?  Is
>there interest in such a program?
>

>> Referring to this previous post, what is the easiest way to display
>the
>> text formatted? Entering a lot spaces would be too hard and tedious
>> because they don't take up the same amount of space as letters. My
>plan
>> is to print out some text about chemistry in columns to organize
>the
>> data. there will be multiple "pages" of information. Any help would
>be
>> greatly appreciated.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]