Re: A86: Interrupt link handler (was ticalc.org)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 17:19 1999-03-12 -0600, you wrote:
>Has anyone thought about writing an interrupt
>link port handler?

Yes. I tried it out more than a year ago. I wasn't able to figure out
how to make it work good (like it does on the 89/92). I don't think
it's necessary to create a special protocol for it, because ZTetris
for 85/86 can communicate with Tetris for the 92 without problems.

The easiest way to create interrupt link routines imho is to disassemble
the main 89/92 interrupt handler and port the part that deals with the link.

>I was thinking that it might work out better for
>programs that transmit lots of data to do it using interrupts.  You'd have
>two buffers, a receive and a send buffer.  The interrupt hanlder would take
>bytes off the send buffer and transmit them, while receiving bytes and
>placing them in the receive buffer.

That's exactly how it works on the 89/92... each buffer is 128 byte. It's
soooo simple to use, and the opposite side always receives the data
immediately, without any problems.

//Jimmy Mårdell

E-mail: yarin@acc.umu.se
Homepage: http://www.acc.umu.se/~yarin/