Re: A86: List / Challenge idea (was dismissal)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: List / Challenge idea (was dismissal)

In a message dated 3/10/99 4:26:06 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
e1066@sherbtel.net writes:

> when you think about it I don't think anyone would want to have a 1k
>  transition just to erase the screen in an interesting way.  instead you
>  could put an awful lot of game into 1k.
>
>  I say we do 200 bytes.  That would be a real contest.  Much bigger than
that
>  and the added "niceness" of the pretty looking transition just doesn't
>  justify wasting that much mem.  Remember we want to make something useful
>  right...
>
>  Anyone else want to participate in the contest?  Also are we doing
grayscale
>  or black and white.  If we do grayscale I think that the interrupt's size
>  should be excluded from the limit. (200 byte max besides the interrupt
>  routine).

I'd give it a shot, which really means I'll work on it for a week, decide it
can't be done, drop off the face of the earth for a week or so, and hope that
the entire thing blows over.  I'm all for it!!!