Re: A86: Dismissal from ticalc.orgy

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Dismissal from ticalc.orgy

Ok....did you talk to Ticalc.org? I mean.....did they give you a full
reason of why you can't get in? What happened at the TI-Files? What did
Brian have to do with this? Did you ask yourself these questions? Read

 http://www.ticalc.org/news/articles/8922.html

 Maybe this will explain things more clearly. I am not going to stop
visiting TI-CALC.org, nor am I going to boycott or remove my name from
this list.  I hate to sound rude, but Brian shouldn't be mad at
Ti-Calc.org, he should be mad at himself. If others say that you aren't
doing good, then something should pop out at you and give you a clue as
what would happen.

"First of all, let me say that this was not a "moments choice". A lot of
people requested that we dismiss him after the TI-Files incident.
Internally, such requests were voiced even earlier than that. Several
times over, we decided "Bryan deserves another chance", and told him what
was required to do so. One of the times, it was the apology about the
TI-Files incident. Other times, it was just about cooperation. "

"The posting of the "file archive procedures" that Bryan did this
february, was one of the few things he did. Chris did not, however, ask
him to do that during january. It was a part of the original new staff
structure proposal that was sent out in october last year. Nevertheless,
while some of the comments on this proposal were out of line, all were
not. But they were all met with the same irresponsive stubbornness from
Bryans side. After many of these repetitions, we decided we had no other
choice than to let Bryan go."

                                             ---Ti-Calc.org

"Thankfully there was no two week notice in the case, with childish ideas
like boycotting going on, bryan may have deceided to take a little
revenge on the "evil" cordinator's... People are confusing 2 week notice
with not having your desk cleaned out for two weeks... If you've ever
worked in a big company, they will sometime stand over you while you
clean out, cut of computer access, and escort you off campus. Fired
people often get mad, and this is to protect both the company and the
person...

What's happened here seems straigtforward and reasonable... A democratic
process is more than you can ask for in most companies. "

                                                ---August

"Think about that for a second. We're dealing with a guy who got the
password for another site and didn't hesitate to trash their files. He's
got root access on our server, and even without it, his account has the
privileges to completely take our site down and corrupt our databases.
And you think we should tell him he's probably fired and let him spend a
few days setting up backdoors on the system or playing another
TI-Files-style "joke" on us? Think about what you'd do.

It's not as if we hadn't told Bryan exactly what would have to change in
the past if he wanted to stay on our staff. We have been very clear on
where Bryan's behavior is unacceptable and have given him chance after
chance. This time, we made good on our promises and did what we had to do
to protect the site and to make sure Bryan got the message. "

Chris

So, you decided yourself. Don't listen to someone just because they say
to. Anger is no action to follow. if it's Ti-Calc.orgs fault, fine. If it
is Brian's, fine. But following what someone says is totaly stupid.
Follow your mind, not a revenger.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]