A86: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: divide by 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: divide by 2

Try something like this...

StoreNumbers:
  ld hl,StorageEnd             ; point to end of storage
  ld b,0                       ; clear value counter
loop:
  ; ***load A with value here
  ld (hl),a                    ; put A into storage
  dec hl                       ; decrease pointer (not what it's pointing
to!)
  inc b                        ; increase value counter (number of A's)
  ; ***test if done here
  jr nz,loop                   ; if not done, loop

PrintNumbers:
  ld hl,StorageEnd
  xor a                        ; set A to 0 and clear carry flag
  ld d,a                       ; clear high byte
  ld e,b                       ; load value counter
  sbc hl,de                    ; calc beginning
loop:
  ld a,(hl)                    ; load value
  call DispA                   ; print it
  inc hl                       ; move to next item
  djnz loop                    ; loop for all items

This is just a rough idea and you'll have to worry about saving registers
and all that other stuff.  But I think it helps if you see the code in asm,
rather than basic (since basic is nothing like asm).  This kind of stuff is
VERY similiar to using arrays in C, so if you learn the concepts with that
first, you might be surprised at how easy the actual asm coding is.  I find
that concepts are the problem most of the time, not the actual asm...

>    Basically what I want to do is to store between 25 and about 255 values
>(ranging from 0-9).  This was the only way I could think of.  I don't want
>to do all the .db 's because the amount of values I store will be different
>every time.
>
>    What I want to do hopefully is:

-
>-
>initially "hl" points to the end of _asm_exec_ram
>    *execute some code and store a value 0-9 in "a"*
>    ld (hl),a
>LOOP:
>
>*execute some code and store a value 0-9 in "a"*
>*also do something to set a flag or something to leave the loop if it's
>done*
>    dec (hl)
>
>    ld (hl),a
>
>    jp LOOP
>
>-i want to write in in backwards then read it forwards!?!?
>
>-When I'm done If what has been placed in "a" in order is:
>0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
>-At the end (hl) will point to 9 (it was the last number put in)
>-mem from (hl) to end of _asm_exec_ram will be 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0
>-so to write it I could (using that nice routine to display the value of
"a"
>to the screen)
>    then do a loop on:   ld a,(hl),  (display "a" to screen)  inc (hl)
until