Re: A86: [OT]Game Gear and playstation development

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: [OT]Game Gear and playstation development

The Game Gear was compatible with the Master System, but I don't think the
genesis was.  The Genesis used a 68k as the main cpu and z80 for the sound.
The SMS/GG used a z80 as the main cpu.  There is an attachment you can get
for the Game Gear to play Master games on it (that's why there's those slots
on the back I belive).

I know this is extremely off topic, but there was a neat puzzle game on the
Game Gear called Slider.  It had 100 levels and was a lot of fun.  I have
the original cart (how I've played it), but I've been unable to locate my
Game Gear or the ROM for the game on the internet.  I'm interested in
writing it for the 86, but that'd be hard without the game (hmm).  If
someone can manage to locate the ROM, please send me the URL by private
email.  I think the game is pretty rare, as I checked at least 30 sites last
night without finding it.  I did find two sites that had the cheat codes,
though.  Maybe my game gear will turn up...