Re: A86: Re: Simple Routine Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Simple Routine Help

> I haven't personally seen the difference, but Mardell or someone else said
>  you need at least a couple of NOP's in between the in and out (can't have
>  too much time, but at least a couple of cycles to give the hardware a
chance
>  to respond).  And besides what Jeremy said, if you are disabling interrupts
>  or writing your own handler, you need to do a <ld a,$ff \ out (1),a> to
>  reset the port in your main loop or int handler.  If you don't, the calc
>  will give you phantom key presses (very strange).

Yeah, I do reset the port with $FF in the subroutine "Direct_Input", so that
is done every read from the port.  Linus from the A83 list told me the keys
will "bounce" and that it is a hardware defect, what does that mean? So you
think I should put a Halt in between the IN and OUT, and that should do
it...? Well ok, I'll see if that works, thanks...

Jason_K