Re: A86: Re: TAZM...(***VITAL***)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: TAZM...(***VITAL***)

In that case, you might try the RGDBS assembler.  It's a quite powerful
assembler, supporting features like local labels and a large macro language
that will blow TASM away.  It was originally designed for the GB, but will
work with other systems as well (the GB CPU is similiar to the Z80).

http://www.matilde.demon.co.uk/rgbzone.htm

Of course, writing an assembler could be a lot of fun, and I wouldn't want
to stop you :)  But I'd like to mention the alternatives as well, in case
you are really just looking for a good tool.

> As to Assembly Studio 86, I've been interested for some time now in it,
but
> there is a huge problem...it's for Win95/98 *only* and all I have is a
> reliable 486DX/2-66 w/ 8MB RAM w/ DOS and Win3x.  The upside is that I
> will, in a few months, be using Linux as my primary OS (on a dual P3
450mHz
> PC (Intel L440GX+ motherboard and Columbus III Server Chassis) with 384MB
> DIMM/SDRAM and 18.0GB EIDE HD, etc., etc......for about $3000) and using
VM