Re: A86: Re: TAZM...(***VITAL***)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: TAZM...(***VITAL***)

In a message dated 05/31/99 11:25:35 PM, david@acz.org writes:

>> For those of you who don't know what TAZM is, it is a "better" TASM 3.0.1
>> with unlimited line labels, cleaner code, follows the order of operations,
>> etc.  Oh, and it assembles faster than TASM :)
>
>Assembly Studio 86 already exists, and since the new version supports
>plugins for the output file, it can be used with all Z80 calcs.  It's a full
>IDE: color-syntax coloring editor, assembler, sprite editor, etc.  It also
>includes a help file for all of the z80 instructions, ports, etc.  If anyone
>is interested in using it for a calc other than the 86, we'll write plugins
>for them.  Sure beats compiling in DOS :)  I don't care if you are a DOS
>fanatic (I am), but you'll switch in no time.

In response about TAZM, version 3.1 of TASM already has the ability to do
unlimited labels, which was one of your original purposes to change, but then
all these parentheses and brackets came in, and I feel thats too confusing
and would just make me start making mistakes with values and addressing if I
had to adapt to this new system. I would personally like to stick with TASM
and writing code in assembly like I have learned to do from the start.

if these plug-ins could be created so that all z80 calcs would be able to use
Assembly Studio to create programs. I would find that very useful... =)

Jason_K