Re: A86: Question on tile maps

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Question on tile maps

At 23:44 1999-01-27 -0600, you wrote:
>>Also, the sprite routine doesn't get that much slower...
>
>Gosh, I hate to disagree with Jimmy Mardell, but I do.  For a masked sprite
>routine, there just aren't enough registers to shift both mask bytes, both
>sprite bytes and both background bytes in one loop.  To shift the background
>bytes back into a single sprite would require adding a second re-shift loop
>to the routine.  It would also require another pointer like IY, though that
>wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Hehe... you don't necessarily have to shift back the bits; you could read
16 bits in each row and then just put those out again (using a special,
16-bit aligned sprite routine).

This discussion is running out of topic so I propose EOD.

//Jimmy Mårdell

E-mail: yarin@acc.umu.se
Homepage: http://www.acc.umu.se/~yarin/