A86: Thanks for the help everyone

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Thanks for the help everyone

Thanks for the help with ASM everyone. I'm reading and learning a lot.
I'm
currently working on a deluxe virus checking program (lame but it
works with
simple ASM principles). I've discontinued tic-tac-toe because I
couldn't
figure out how to make a sufficient ending. I was going to use the
principle
of vectors. For example,

                                               |            |
                                       1      |    2     |      3
                                     -------+---------+--------
                                               |            |
                                        4     |    5      |     6
                                     -------+---------+--------
                                               |            |
                                        7     |    8      |     9

If x's had control over the 1, 4 and 7 sectors and when x put a mark
in that
sector the value of it went to 1; the sum to check would be 3. If x
had a
mark in each, 1+1+1=3. For the o's I would give the sector a value of
two
and make the sum 6

If was going to try it this way and check every possible combination.
I kept
getting x to win every time even if o had the win. Maybe I screwed up
somehow but I did this in BASIC and it worked. I would show you the
BASIC
source so you could get a clue but when I wasn't looking my cousing
took the
batteries out and I lost it. (That really sucks.)

This message was written by Chris Flanigan.

If this is in reply to an inquiry about the TI Archive, direct
all e-mail to ti_archive@hotmail.com.

If this is a personal message, direct all e-mail to
cflan@granitecity.com