Re: A86: Radio Link- Revisted and Problem Explained

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Radio Link- Revisted and Problem Explained

i was gonna have a microcontroller interpret the bits and send them.
part of the reason this would be required was because i wanted to have
more than 2 calcs on the link, so it'd need something to tell it which
calc was to get the message.  the microcontroller would talk to the calc
so there wouldn't be problems with intermittent signal.

ok, maybe a little complicated, but i've been known to be crazy at times
and i think it could be done.  it wouldn't be just a radio link, it'd be
a radio NETWORK!  think of it, 4 and 8 player games!

-josh

>	Now what all of this has to do with radio links is this:  the
>signal has to
>be continuous or the calcs will generate transmissions errors from
>timeouts on
>the port.  If the signal is digitized through a modem, the
>lowering-raising
>patterns will skip points and accidentally lower the wires when they
>need
>constant voltage.  This is why we can't digitize the calc links with
>modems.
>My calc radio link works perfectly fine for a range of about a 100
>feet.  It
>gets very little problems during calculator TI-OS transfers because
>the
>raising-lowering patterns have great tolerance for interferences.
>I'm
>assuming ztetris has a linking routine similar to the TI-OS because it
>causes
>few problems.  I have found that very few linking routines for the
>TI-86, TI85
>and TI92 use continuous bitstream (where the recieving unit must keep
>up with
>the transmitting unit or perish the connection) flow, but rather the
>raising
>and lowering routines.
>	If somebody manages to comeup with a modem radio link that
>supports
>continuous transmission like most analog communications, that would be
>great,
>but I'm sticking with my 2 frequency version because it is simple and
>concise.
>the
>transcievers,  I got the kind that have four prongs.  One prong was
>input, one
>was output, and two were the negative and positive power leads.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]