Re: A86: I wish I new how...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: I wish I new how...

i think the most important thing with shells would be _FindAlphaUp,
_exec_asm, and _exec_basic.  then you just have to understand the
structure of program vars and the difference between asm and basic progs.
 if you want to do emulation, you also need to know almost everything
there is about memory layout of the two calcs.  good luck there.

_FindAlphaUp		equ $514b
all i know is that you should load the var type and a null name to op1
before you call it the first time and load 0 to a before you call it each
time (i don't know why yet)

_exec_asm		equ $5730
_exec_basic		equ $4c47
load the var name to op1 first

program variables are the same as strings.  there's a length word
followed by a block of data.  asm programs have $28 and something as the
first two bytes after the size word.

as for tic tac toe, i wrote a basic version of that long, long ago.  the
routine to check who won was a big list of ifs.  you need to check for 8
possible win combinations.  my board was stored in a vector, like
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
so you need to check for 1==2&2==3, 4==5&5==6, 7==8&8==9, etc.  then just
pick up who it was from one of them and viola!

-josh