A86: Radio Link (more)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Radio Link (more)

I went into #electronics on IRC and gathered some rough info about the
possible Radio Link.  According to the person I talked to, here are the
following specs of a Radio Link that could be easily built by someone who
knows what they're doing.  I asked if the she would build it for pay, but
the she was too busy to do a task that wouldn't pay so much.  I have the IRC
logfile of the conversation describing how it would all work in case anyone
wants it.

Our Radio Link (this is actually a digital radio link and not analog) --

1) AM transmission at 50mhz or 75mhz
2) SSB encoder to reduce transmission size
3) Binary logic converter (i think this has something to do with
voltage<->tone)
4) 9V battery
5) the rest of the components to make it work.  I am no electronics man. =)

would give us the following features --

- 2 mile range (at the very least.  increase of power could get us 5 miles)
- legal!  no license needed at the 2 frequencies (FCC rules)
- 9600bps transfer rate
- the 9v should run it for a few hours
- very small.  like IR link small.  put it in your pocket.
- cost should be around $30
- would plug into the linkport.  no graphlink required

Ok, people.  Build it!  I'll talk to some of my electronic freak friends.

-Justin Karneges [Infiniti]