Re: A86: Radio Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Radio Link

Simply buy a null modem cable at radio shack (you must have this) and any
necessary size/gender changers.  You then connect it all like so:

TI86--->Graphlink--->Null-modemCable--->External-Modem

Note that you need a real Graphlink, not a homemade one.  Plug the external
modem into a wall jack or cellular phone and use the program Term86 to get
online.  Your ISP must have a "dial-up unix shell" to call.  Many ISP's have
a unix shell, but you need one you can dial-up to.

Also, this will not work with all external modems out there.  It didn't work
with my 33.6 Newcom modem (I got random garble).  However it works fine with
Megahertz modems.  This is not a bug in Term86, but rather a problem with
the modem not being able to recognize the Graphlink as a standard serial
cable.

Have fun.  And watch your phone bill if using a cellular phone. =)

-Justin Karneges [Infiniti]