A86: Re: TI-UX (was Unix shell)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: TI-UX (was Unix shell)

> People could sort their variables, but could the calc? and still use
them
> without ti-ux running?

Sure it could... we wouldn't be changing anything in the vat... we
would just be making a string variable that our os would use to
determine what is where. The TI-OS would simply see it as another
string.

>Why have there be a noticeable difference, except
> for the prompt, between ti-ux and ti-os? ti-os commands should work
with
> no changes.

we could also just let them type it in normally... but then they
couldn't make any variables with the same names as any of our
commands...

> > If we had a string that would contain the VAT locations and the
ti-ux
> > paths and we wrote some good routines for dealing with this then it
> > would allow people to sort their variables ("files") and it would
> > provide uses for ls, cd, mkdir, and all those commands we love so
> > much...
> >
> > As for interaction with the ti-os... maybe we could have a special
> > prefix for ti-os commands...
>
> --
> As he atempted to say, "Do you both love pork," In his mangled
English,