A86: Linking Routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Linking Routines

I need some assistence on learing how to use Linking Routines.  First of all,
are the Sendbyte and Getbyte Routines from ACZ too 86 specific?  I would like
to use them across all of the z80 calcs for the TCPA Battleship project I'm
working on... Well, I understand the input and output of these routines, but I
cant really grasp the concept of the linking yet... :\  How do the calcs know
which byte was transmitted, and how to store it to its corrosponding spot in
the two 64 byte tables i need transferred.  How is the data being
sent/received, timed and lined up...? Somebody please give me an explanation
on how this works... I dont want to hear "Go check out the Ztetris Source"
though... =P  Also, get very technical about how the ports work, if you
must... Thanks in advance, anybody... =)
															--Jason K.