Re: A86: Linkport & errors

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Linkport & errors

the link routines are nearly identical.  you can install your own error
handler to intercept transmission errors in most simple routines i think,
definitely in the get/send byte.

the key is to know how to install an error handler, the 85 does have a
routine for that, but  you'd have to be able to find it in all rom
versions.  you could write your own routine for installing an error
handler, but that might not be worth the effort

the 86 routine, however is listed on page d, so there's no trouble just
using theirs.  someone documented it on 86central quite a while ago.  i
think all you'd need is to put

	ld hl,linkerr
	call _instErr		;$41a1
;;;; code that call link routines
	jp _removErr		;$41a4
linkerr:
	ret

that would just exit the link routine if there was an error.

-josh

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 07:30:17 +0100 Jimmy =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5rdell?=
<yarin@acc.umu.se> writes:

>The reason I didn't use any ROM calls on the 86 was - of course -
>because
>it's a port from the 85. There was no need to change the link routines
>at all - I didn't even consider it. However, I was aware of that
>on the 85 there were link routines. They couldn't be used though,
>because
>an error in the transmission would cause a general TI error and exit
>the whole program.
>
>Does the linkroutines in the 86 ROM work different? Can you hook them
>somehow?
>
>//Jimmy Mårdell
>
>E-mail: yarin@acc.umu.se
>Homepage: http://www.acc.umu.se/~yarin/

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]