Re: A86: Linkport Codes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Linkport Codes

yeah, they might do that, but if there's a chance of that, you can
usually install your own error routine.  the byte transmission routines
will throw an error 0 if there's a timeout, otherwise they won't be a
problem.

-josh

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999 17:22:52 -0800 "Justin Karneges"
<jgkarneges@ucdavis.edu> writes:

>I don't know about the TI-86 linkport ROM calls, but on the TI-83 the
>linkport ROM calls have built-in error handlers that just aren't
>acceptable
>for most practical purposes.  In the case of the TI-83, it's better
>just to
>make your own routines.
>
>-Justin Karneges [Infiniti]
>

>>Not at the time.  Jimmy Mardell is a very good programmer, but he
>isn't
>much
>>of a ROM hacker.  And remember, the 86 version was ported back in,
>what,
>>October?  No one knew of the built in rom calls then (or knew how to
>use
>>them).  Of course, since it was a port, he used what he used on the
>85
>>also...
>>
>>Hmm, that is an interesting idea.  Would the built in calls be
>compatible
>>with the user routines on the other calcs?

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]