Re: A86: keyboard input problem/question [reposted]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: keyboard input problem/question [reposted]

ok, well then that would be something else.
that's really wierd.  now i actually have to look at the code...

ok, i don't see anything in your code that would do that.

have you tried putting something in the "enter" place to see if space
does that too?  it actually might have some wierd hardware thing, cuz
that's the row with "on" in it.

also, this might be nicer for "CheckAllBits": (if it works...)

CheckAllBits:
  ld e,0
  ld b,6
  rlca		;bit 7
  rlca		;bit 6

CheckAllBitsLoop
  rlca		;next bit->carry
  jr c,GotKey
  inc e
  djnz CheckAllBitsLoop
  ret

GotKey:
  ld d,0	;de=row#
  ld l,e
  ld h,d	;hl=row#
  add hl,hl	;hl=row#*2
  add hl,hl	;hl=row#*4
  add hl,de	;hl=row#*5
  ld de,KeyMatrixU
  add hl,de	;hl->row!

  ld e,c
  add hl,de
  ld a,(Hl)
  call _putc
  ret

at this point, i'd just like to say again: wierd!

-josh

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999 01:34:51 -0500 (EST) Stephen Michael Horne
<hornes@rpi.edu> writes:

>The problem is that it never stabilizes... I can hold it down for a
>minute
>and it won't turn to a Y or Z or whatever for much more than three
>consecutive characters (i.e. YZZYZYZYZYYZZZYZ) The other weird thing
>about
>this is that it happens for only Y and Z... would that be part of the
>circuitry?
>
>-- Stephen Horne

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]