Re: A86: >Frac (Yes this has to do with assembly)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: >Frac (Yes this has to do with assembly)

> The fraction is not saved as Ans, but you can do Disp A>Frac.  This will
>  display the fraction.  But the only place that I can think it would be
> stored
>  is an In-calc variable, then deleted as soon as it is used.

No, it's not "stored" in it's fraction form anywhere.  Real-type
variables can obviously not store something like "4/3".  >Frac
is just a complex display routine that takes the input, figures
out the numerator and denominator, and then displays them
on the next line.  There's no way from basic to access the
results.  You have to make more complex math routines
yourself.  In asm, there's probably a ROM call that puts the
numerator and denominator in registers or the OP registers
but I don't know.