A86: New OS... Planning stage

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: New OS... Planning stage

TI Community,

     I'm keeping up a web page that has a bunch of ideas for a new OS.
(not just another shell).  These are very initial plans, and I don't
know at what point I'm going to actually get to programming any of it.
But any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated.  I don't want
to leave any aspects out of it that make programming for it a pain.  I
might do that if I don't get some perspectives on it other than my own.

     I would especially appreciate being told if there is anything on
the web page that is perhaps "too ambitious".  A lot of these ideas
depend upon my "best guess" as to what the Z80 and the 200hz interrupt
can handle.  But i'm afraid that some of my ideas might be rediculiously
impossible as a result of some oversight on my part.  That is where
different perspectives come into play.

     Anyway take a look, see what you think....  Maybe the ideas can
spur some creativity in the TI community.

later,

David E. West