Re: A86: Re: What ever happened with that radio link?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: What ever happened with that radio link?

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:48:47 -0800 "Justin Karneges"
<jgkarneges@ucdavis.edu> writes:

>>Anyone know what ever happened with the radio link? I think this
>would
>>be a very useful thing to have. If anyone has any info on it please
>>reply.
>
>The radio link turned out to be not as cheap as previously expected.
>If you
>want wireless, then the best route to take is the HAM radio and TNC
>method.
>This isn't exactly cheap, but building your own RF stuff isn't cheap
>either.

i am working on a radio link.  i am using two cheap walkie-talkies ($10
for 2), pic 16f84 microcontrollers (~$6 each), and a few other cheap
parts.  if it works out you should be able to build two for about $30 and
additional ones would be slightly cheaper

-josh

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]