Re: A86: Re: New operating system...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: New operating system...

This is probably the wrong place to ask this, can you explain how Usgard
relocation works?  As I said before, I spent a good while trying to figure
it out but the doc's didn't exactly tell you how the preprocessor and shell
worked :)  All I've programmed for is the 86 meaning fixed-address
relocation, so if fixed address is the best then I have nothing else to
compare it to.

 In no way did I want to insult Usgard.  I know it's much better than
ZShell, and writing any kind of asm shell for a calculator that doesn't even
support it is a great feat and the authors should be commended.  But what I
meant (and I did say everything was IMHO) was that fixed style relocation
_seems_ to me to be much better than Usgard style relocation.

The 86 along with the 82 and 83 shells use fixed-address relocation, so I
would assume it's better.  I would be much appreciative if you could explain
how the relocation table works, along with how the shell and preprocessor
work.

Thanks in advance!

> consuming beyond thought... (and the Usgard style relocation a better
choice)