A86: Re: 102 and 95 findpixel. Last message.. honest!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: 102 and 95 findpixel. Last message.. honest!

Okay, I've found one more thing about these routines, I'm sorry for posting so
early with my results.  The first two hex digits for the table address in both
routines can be one of 4 values.  07h, 47h, 87h, and c7h.  This puts the most
valid location at 8700h which is free ram on page 1.  I've updated these
routines as much as I can.  As far as I can tell, unless someone can optimize
the bit rotations in the first few lines of the coding, there is no way to
make this faster than 95 ( 91 with input scrapped.)

If somebody has a chance, I'd appreciate (and so would a lot of other people)
making a really fast and optimized masked putsprite routine.  I think this
would be a neat challenge for everybody who likes game programming.  Besides,
findpixel isn't used for much stuff anyway.  Sprites and raycasting is where
most of the cool stuff happens.  Good Luck.
~Code7~

ZAPO

FINDPI~1.ZIP