A86: [Fwd: ENDING this thread!]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: [Fwd: ENDING this thread!]

Curse that little hyphen!

-- BEGIN included message

The digest I just got was entirely composed of mail about this ancient
thread.  But since everyone on the list (myself included) wants to have
a say, and this list is sufficiently large, this sort of thing doesn't
end until everyone is satisfied.  So either agree on the following,
reply to me in personal e-mail, or shut up (yeah I know I sound like an
idiot):

1. There is no known nuke that causes any permanent damage (i.e. beyond
a reboot).

2. More dangerous than being nuked is accepting and running an
executable or script, as an executable can easily format hard drives and
so can a script, once it progresses through enough stages.

3. Your ip can be found by any website you visit or any person (or bot)
on IRC.

4. Other people knowing your ip is exactly as dangerous as them knowing
your main email address.  (No, not the spam!  The horror!)

This is a summary of recent information.  Once again do NOT respond to
the list about this e-mail.  Hopefully this will put an end to
everything.

--Bill Barksdale

-- END included message