Re: A86: 4 Questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: 4 Questions

I feel like I'm answering too much stuff.  If anyone wants me to shut up
once in a while, email me privately :)

Normally, RAM page 1 is swapped to $8000-$bfff.  It's almost all free ram
(you can start writing at $800b and go all the way to $bfe5 (all but last 11
bytes).  The other ram pages (besides page 0) are used for variable storage,
and you don't want to touch those by hand (if you need to manipulate
variables, use the system's ABS addressing routines).  The Assembly Studio
86 help file has a very nice picture/diagram of the memory layout (type in
"memory").

For those of you newbies (seems to be alot of you lately), the program you
NEED to download for assembly programming is Assembly Studio 86.  This
program has a very nice help file that provides a reference for every
opcode, explains the basic rom calls that you'll need, along with it greatly
simplifying the editing/assembly/sending process (all in one step!).  Get it
at

http://www.stupidzone.com/asmstudio/

After that, read Matt Johnson's tutorials (good for starters), along with
everything on 86 Central:

http://ti86.acz.org/

P.S.  IMHO means "In My Humble Opinion"

--