Re: A86: Re: Re: new emulator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Re: new emulator

that may be, but that's not what they're doing here. (why would they do
that???  don't they have enough memory??  why don't they just setup a
stack frame and use ix like other places??)

the value saved on the stack is put back without ever reading the $80
back in:
  ld      d,a
  in      a,(#06)
  push    af
  ld      a,#80
  out     (#06),a
  ld      a,d
  ld      (#8000),a
  pop     af
  out     (#06),a
  ld      a,d
  ret

i can't really explain this behavior, myself.
i say load $00 to port 5, $80 to port 6 and comparing the two pages.

where's pat when you need him? :)

-josh

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999 18:43:18 -0700 "Kirk Meyer" <kirkmeyer@bigfoot.com>
writes:

>Many times, TI uses port 6 as a temporary storage place.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.