A86: FF:TC for 86? (Who knows at this point?)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: FF:TC for 86? (Who knows at this point?)

Well, in true Josh form, I am surprising the world.  I don't know if you guys know who I am, but I'm in Macross Software and I'm working on writing Final Fantasy: The Calling, an RPG battler, currently for the TI-85.  More and more as I look at the 85's lacking memory capacity, I get the urge to program it for something with more memory (if you're _really_ intuitive, you'll guess that that's why I joined this mailing list).  However, what I really want to know is, how much memory does the 86 have accessible to program ASM?  I know that the RAM is paged, after reading every tutorial in existence, but where does this leave me in terms of programming a large program for the 86?

Secondly, do you all give a damn if I program this game for the 86?  If I had more memory to deal with (as I would with the 86), I would be inclined to make it more of an ffvii clone instead of what I have now, e.g. materia growth, better graphics, _lots_ more spells, etc.  That's _if_ there's interest, and _if_ I find out I can access more memory than, say, 16K.

What do you guys think?

P.S.  Sorry, Mikel, for not telling you first. :P

-Josh Morris, Macross Software
 morrija0@sewanee.edu