Re: A86: programs running programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: programs running programs

In a message dated 12/18/99 19:42:58 Eastern Standard Time,
croop@oregontrail.net writes:

> Let's say program A runs program B.  How can program B find out what the
>  name of program A is, or whether it was even run by program A in the
>  first place or from TI-OS?  Is this even possible?  I did a memory
>  search for the name in VTI, but couldn't find it anywhere.  But that
>  doesn't make sense, because programs can return to the programs that
>  call them; thus the calc must remember it somehow...  I think.

Hehe in _exec_assembly's documentation they say it's stored "somewhere
secret".

Btw, maybe try searching for the name reversed or something?  They may
purposely mess it up for some reason, though I'm totally guessing.

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>
http://linux.hypnotic.org/~jonah/