Re: A86: Re: power down

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: power down

In a message dated 12/8/99 03:59:30 Eastern Standard Time,
a_finne@hotmail.com writes:

> Kirk has written a program called sysmon where it checks the battery power.
>  I think that the source is included in the zip. The way that the calc
checks

>  if the batteries are low isn't that complicated. I heard somewhere that it
>  puts a mask out the keyport and if the batteries are low it expires
before..

>  'something'. You can also make the low batteries message appear by holding
>  ENTER while you turn on the calculator.

That's how the rom checks if the batteries are low, but that's an either true
or false thing.  The way Kirk's program and YAS do it is by measuring how
fast the interrupts are occurring, because they slow down on low batteries.

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>
http://linux.hypnotic.org/~jonah/