A86: Re: Re: Re: [OT] A TI compiler - Why not?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Re: Re: [OT] A TI compiler - Why not?

No offense meant to Trent in anyway (heck, his tutorials probably helped me
the most to do more than "hello world"), but do you know why his tutorials
are understandable?  Because he didn't know very much assembly at all.  He
understood computer programming (majoring in it at college, I believe), so
the programming aspects were easy.  He could write simple code to do
anything he wanted to do.

Because he didn't know much, he didn't overwhelm people.  The people to
write tutorials for beginners are the people who just started asm.  Those of
us who have been doing it for a while forget just how much there is to learn
:)

> Maybe if people took more time to right more down-to-earth tutorials (like
> trent lillehaugen (sp?) did, his were good, but brief).  That would have
> helped me a ton, i know it takes time to write tutorials, but so many of
> them seem so advanced to the average programmer, that it may throw them
off.

Follow-Ups: References: