A86: Re: Re: [OT] A TI compiler - Why not?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Re: [OT] A TI compiler - Why not?

I completely agree with you, sorry i may have come off sounding a little
elitist with regards to your not liking the idea of a scripting language
translator, but it is just that i think there are *so* many good ideas that
people have out there, but assembly just puts everyone off with its lack of
similarity to any other language.

I do know quite a bit of assembly, i have been just working on enhancing the
z80 end of it and i need more practice with the graphics, but it took me a
few tries to get to learn and be interested. I started once, and thought i
was a moron because i couldn't understand anything, but then i started to
learn x86 asm and for some reason (maybe more resources) i found it easier.
Now i am back into z80 asm (tho i admit not nearly the level of you, david,
;)  )  and i like it a lot more.

Maybe if people took more time to right more down-to-earth tutorials (like
trent lillehaugen (sp?) did, his were good, but brief).  That would have
helped me a ton, i know it takes time to write tutorials, but so many of
them seem so advanced to the average programmer, that it may throw them off.

just my thoughts.

-  Jarrod Overson