A86: A TI compiler - Why not?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: A TI compiler - Why not?

I've noted that here there's an "anti-compiler" feeling.
 If BASIC is too slow, and asm is too dificult, why not
 a mid-term? Why not to join the confort of a high-level
 language as BASIC with the speed of a low-level language
 as asm? "Asm-lovers" don't have to leave asm, and we know
 the best of the best programs will always come from asm,
 but certainly many people out there could do good stuf
 with a language in between BASIC and asm.
 In my seeing, TI86's memory can handle it, specially if
 the compiler has shared librarys. Yes, it'll take more
 space than asm programs but, hey, there's always a price
 to pay. It's all trade offs.

 NSJ

Follow-Ups: References: