Re: A86: protector

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: protector

In a message dated 4/22/99 12:57:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ComAsYuAre@aol.com writes:

> how does that leave it secure?  some of the shells allow deletion from the
>  shell anyway, so your variables are hardly secure.  besides, why are your
>  "friends" trying to mess up your calculator anyway?  it shouldn't really
be
>  an issue.

Most shells also password protect the delete button, so that isn't a problem.
Also, there are also jerks who won't shut up until you let them play a couple
of games, and I would be much less reluctant to pacify their requests if I
knew that they couldn't really do any harm. As for my friends: it's more of a
protection from ME. If they accidentally do something bad I won't let them
touch the calculator for a LONG time, and depending on how bad it is, I may
or may not be mad at them as well. Being a good friend, I wouldn't want to
put my friends through that!

By far, however, the most compelling reason is to never have to hear these
words again: "How do I get back into the games?!" (Where games="AShell".)

Now do you see what I mean?

		ZeromusMog

P.S. If if someone DOES do this, please put EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONS in BIG
LETTERS on the screen that asks for a password to exit that if they have NO
IDEA what this screen is, just press EXIT and everything will be just fine...