A86: Re: Assembly-86 Digest V1 #870

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Assembly-86 Digest V1 #870

I think I figured out how you might be able to get an answer for what the
value of n is...

Note this is not actually solving for n..

A = P(1+r/n)^(nt)

ok lets look at what is given...

A, P, r, and t

If it's comound intrest them n (number of times compounded anually has to
be greater than 0.

So here is the process...

let's say that the user enters the following values

593.256367841 = 400(1+.08/n)^(5n)

now to solve for n you simply do the following process...

test n out...

is n 1...
no
is n greater than 1...
yes
is n 2..
no
is n greater than 2..
yes
is n 3
no
is n greater than 3...
no
is n 2.5
no
is n greater than 2.5
yes
is n 2.75
no
is n greater than 2.75
no
is n 2.625
no
is n greater than 2.625
yes
is n 2.6875
yes n is 2.6875

The answer n is 2.6875

of couse there would have to be some sort of user defined tollerance
level or else some values would take forever....

Just an idea....

Too bad I have no idea how to implement it...

Maybe someday,

Chris

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: