A86: Re: protector

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: protector

Two ways, that don't involve writing and installing a complicated [sqrt]KEY
program :)

First, set small text to write to graph menu.  That way, your program menu
(and every other menu on the calc) will appear totally blank.  That should
convince them it's empty:

_iy  .equ $c3e5

 ld a,64
 ld hl,_iy+24
 xor (hl)
 ld (hl),a

Second, you can totally remove it by convincing the TI-OS that you are in
fact inside the basic editor.   This many other nifty side effects, such as
disabling the link menu, mem menu, self test and somehow forces you to
remove the lithium battery to reset the calc:

 ld a,1
 ld hl,_iy+9
 xor (hl)
 ld (hl),a

Both of these will toggle the flags, so putting them both in a program with
a ret on the end makes for a VERY effective and small security program
(assuming the don't know about it).  An easy way to use it is to put it and
the Asm( command in the custom menu.  You don't even need a graph link:

:AsmPrgm
:3E0121EEC3AE773E4021FDC3AE77C9