Re: A86: Re: Re: Assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Re: Assembly

> could you write a 32-bit multitasking operating system?  a java
> interpreter for every platform?  bios code to talk to the hard drive
> controller?  how many people have to write programs that use these even
> though they couldn't write them?
>
> could you even write your own version of delvar that would update the
> correct pointers everywhere?  (ok, not as hard, but i'd still be
> impressed)

You're right, I'm wrong :)  I guess there's that line, where you need to
know and need to know how to use.  I program to learn and for fun.  I
consider things like an operating system (and delvar would be part of that)
something you just need to know how to use.  But you should understand how
_clrLCD works before you use it.  I use rom calls for the abs stuff, but
never use things like _ldhlhl.  But you're right, it's all opinion.  I
should stop getting so carried away.

Sorry for upsetting everyone, I'll end this thread ;-)