Re: A86: Re: Re: Re: Re: Assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Re: Re: Re: Assembly

>>I seem to remember that not too long ago, JBrett was a struggling asm
>>newbie who insisted that he pluged his g-link into his hard drive.
>
>The terminology of computers seems to have nothing to do with asm, unless
>you can tell me some way it does?  I'm sorry if I didn't know everything
>about computers when I was 12... oh well...
>
>>Maybe you should take a step back and remember your humble beginings.
>
>Yeah, I went from BASIC -> ASM... most people do, and not many of them
>(none) have ever used any type of BASIC/ASM hybrid language... I feel that
>if you cannot learn asm, then you should just stick to basic.  If you are
>looking for a challenge and feel like learning a new language (z80 assembly
>in this case) I think that you should learn it like everyone else, so the
>language can stay constant and unchanged by anyone... thus making it not
>confusing for other people.  Anyway, if you want to learn z80, you'll
>eventually have to learn real z80 assembly, or else, in my thoughts, just
>stick to other languages...
>
>>I have been on this list as long as anyone, and i feel that bashing anyone
>>else should be banned.
>
>There was no bashing from me... I was only voicing my humble opinions on
>this subject.  If I offended you somehow, I'm sorry...  also, I might
>remember a couple times when you yourself haven't been Mr. Gentleman...

If you can find any, I would certainly like to see them.

>>This asm mailing list is for _constructive_ help,
>>not bickering.
>
>Exactly!  If people want help, they can ask... we should try to help people
>learn/program z80 assembly instead of changing it... I'm not sure if you
>understand my thinking on this...

	I dont disagree with the fact that bAsm or whatever they are calling it is
a bad idea. Anyone remember HAL? That was about eh most worthless language
ever. Hardly anyone wrote programs with it, cuz it stunk. Asm was easy for
me, cuz i am a natural programmer. I picked it up in less than 2 weeks, so
i cant say that i know what it is like to struggle through a bunch of asm
tutorials written by guys like Dux, but i do sympathize with the newbies.

	Thats why I started ZAPO. Its a group where the more experienced
programmers can help out the new guys, and improve everyones coding. I
think one learns best from teaching others, so lets stick to that rather
than making another worthless language. If you want to make a program in
asm, learn asm. If you want to make a program in something other than asm,
join the basic mailing list and leave the asm list to those who want to
_learn_ asm.
Chicane
chicane@reninet.com
http://zapo.calc.org