Re: A86: Re: Re: Re: Re: Assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Re: Re: Re: Assembly

>I seem to remember that not too long ago, JBrett was a struggling asm
>newbie who insisted that he pluged his g-link into his hard drive.

The terminology of computers seems to have nothing to do with asm, unless
you can tell me some way it does?  I'm sorry if I didn't know everything
about computers when I was 12... oh well...

>Maybe you should take a step back and remember your humble beginings.

Yeah, I went from BASIC -> ASM... most people do, and not many of them
(none) have ever used any type of BASIC/ASM hybrid language... I feel that
if you cannot learn asm, then you should just stick to basic.  If you are
looking for a challenge and feel like learning a new language (z80 assembly
in this case) I think that you should learn it like everyone else, so the
language can stay constant and unchanged by anyone... thus making it not
confusing for other people.  Anyway, if you want to learn z80, you'll
eventually have to learn real z80 assembly, or else, in my thoughts, just
stick to other languages...

>I have been on this list as long as anyone, and i feel that bashing anyone
>else should be banned.

There was no bashing from me... I was only voicing my humble opinions on
this subject.  If I offended you somehow, I'm sorry...  also, I might
remember a couple times when you yourself haven't been Mr. Gentleman...

>This asm mailing list is for _constructive_ help,
>not bickering.

Exactly!  If people want help, they can ask... we should try to help people
learn/program z80 assembly instead of changing it... I'm not sure if you
understand my thinking on this...
_________
JBrett
tbarwick@esn.net - http://brett.acz.org
ICQ UIN: 20607010
AIM: BarwickBJ
ACZ member - http://www.acz.org

ps - Plus in my mind this BASIC talk is off-topic in this particular list...