Re: A86: Re: Assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Assembly

that is EXACTLY what i am saying.  if we make some of the commands that are
not supported by basic commands, i think we could help out beginners.  we
could write a new include file and just make sure that it was included in the
program with the regular includes.  an include file like this would have
really helped me.

Can anyone explain the _delvar command?  would we just load a variable into
hl, and use delvar?  or is there some kind of vat searching?

Any other positive input would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Ryan

<< Im not saying we have to convert everything, but in 85 asm, things like
 runindicoff are just like BUSYOFF.  I dunno about other stuff, send an
 email to me and not the list and we can talk over some of the other
 commands and how to change their syntax.  I'm not sure how the delvar
 command works either, but perhaps if its complicated, we could create a
 custom routine for it so you could load the variable name into hl, then
 it just did a delvar on hl...otherwise, I think some vat searching would
 be involved to use that command.  Also, I'm not saying we wipe out the
 Asm include stuff we already have, but when I started asm, something like
 this sure would have helped alot, because some of the tutorials get
 pretty complicated.  If we also wrote tutorials on bAsm, we could explain
 it faster and what it is really doing in "REAL" asm.

 ~Nick >>