A86: Re: Assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Assembly

I created a program that is somewhat similar to what you all are
describing for Julian Moss' Visual DialogScript

The program I wrote is called the Visual DialogScript Converter

What the VDU Converter would do is allow the creation of units which were
bassically just standar VDS code with a few equates that were replaced on
conversion...

for instance to VDS Commands are

file copy, <input file>, <output file>

and

file delete, <input file>

A move command could be created through the use of a unit file that would
look something like this...

REM FileMove.vdu
file copy, $param1,$param2
file delete, $param1

Then in the main script to call such a unit the user would simply use a
statement such as..

^FileMove(c:\windows\temp\data.dat,c:\windows\desktop\data.dat)

The converter would then open the specified unit and input the parameters
of the call into the $param references..

So where the original

^FileMove(c:\windows\temp\data.dat,c:\windows\desktop\data.dat)

statement was would then be replaced with

REM FileMove.vdu
file copy,c:\windows\temp\data.dat,c:\windows\desktop\data.dat
file delete, c:\windows\temp\data.dat

This way you end up with a file that is pure <whatever language you are
progamming in>... Something similar could probally be done for assembly,
but I wouldn't be the one to do it as I know dick about assembly right
about now. I like the idea of using the C language as a base... however I
don't like the fact that the current C z80 compilers dont actually give
you asm source to tweak afterwards.  Also the limitations of some of the
Small C languages get anoying...

Later,

Chris

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]