A86: Re: Solver for all solutions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Solver for all solutions

All solutions?  An equation may have between 0 and infinite solutions
(whether you count imaginary solutions in there is up to you :)  For
example, a parabola might have two solutions, a linear equation one, whereas
a trigonometric may have an infinite number.  Such a program would have to
be smart enough to figure the type of equation and where the solution falls
on the graph.  It would be very ineficient to solve for all solutions using
brute force.  Easiest way, imho, is to graph it and look at the intercepts.