Re: A86: Re: Plan Files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Plan Files

Well, it'd be a place for programmers to say just about anything, no
matter what the topic, not just program updates. And not every programmer
has a web page.

Also, I forgot to say that I got the idea from Macross Software
(http://macross.calc.org), and I apologize for that (good thing I checked
Mikel's .plan!)

--James

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:53:33 -0500 "David Phillips" <david@acz.org>
writes:

>Sounds cool, as with anything else, if you feel like writing it for
>fun, go
>for it.  But most people who program have a site.  Since we only
>program a
>few hours a day as a hobby, we don't have tons of stuff to report
>everyday.
>If we want to inform people, it goes on the website (as Macross does).
> Many
>of the good programmers feel as I do, that discussing current projects
>is
>bad.  We like to call that Vaporware, meaning it doesn't exist.  And
>if it
>doesn't exist, it's not good to talk about it.
>
>I have been working on a game now for about four months, and haven't
>posted
>a word about it on a website.  Nothing will be posted until the game
>is
>fully beta tested and ready for download.  Why?  Because if I give up
>(due
>to lack of time or other reasons), or I change stuff, etc., then no
>one gets
>upset.  I don't get tons of emails about finishing it or asking when
>it's
>done (ask the CCIA about that :)
>
>Just my $0.02.
>

>> I am considering offering a .plan service to the ti community
>similar to
>> the one that the computer-gaming community uses
>> (http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/summary.pl for an example). It
>gives
>> programmers a place to get messages out to the world about just
>about
>> anything, but I need to see if anyone is interested in this before
>> start on it (don't want to waste too much time on a useless
>project!)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]